Friday, June 27, 2014

Farewell Dubai: Lan Kwai Fong And Outlet Mall

 One of the items on our list is to visit all our favourite restaurants.

When talking about food in Dubai, one should never.. i repeat.. NEVER miss out on talking about Lan Kwai Fong. Run by a chef from China, Dai Gor (as we lovingly nicknamed him) used to be a chef in a 5 star hotel but about 20 years ago, decided to come to dubai and start his own restaurant.

His food is closest to what I might call the taste of home for us singaporeans.. and in addition, his restaurant is probably the only restaurant in Dubai where I noticed cliental of all races and countries:) That is how good he is.

This is Ace with our favourite Ribena Lychee. It is just ribena with soda and lychee from the can. It is our MUST ORDER whenever we go and moment the waitresses there see us, they go, "Two lychee ribena?" Hahahaha....

 Next of course another of my favourite. I am a soup person and i love good soup.. but when I am in Dubai, it is really difficult for me to make soup as Max and Ace are not soup people.

So I love visiting Lan Kwai Fong because Dai Gor always gives me free soup! And his soup is the boil many hours very very ru wei type of soup... I shall miss his soup very much when I am back in sgp ;)


 Perhaps it is because we told them that we were leaving Dubai, we even had extra crackers that day.. that they usually only serve us if we are in a big group..


 The 4 statues inside the restaurant.. over the past few yeras, we have seen them changed colour nemerous times:) hahahahaa:)

 Then we decided to make our way to outlet mall because Ace wanted to finish using his Chuckee Cheese credit.... We saw the Flag Pole near the Flag roundabout... Bye bye UAE... I shall miss you ...

Actually hor, me and Max were just saying that it is a great pity that Singapore does not have these huge flag poles with big big flag... cos it looks so grand and majestic. We were wondering if it is because Singapore is a rainy place and so the flag will get soggy and don't look good...

 Saw a pic of the Sheik made out of semi precious stones glued onto a board!

 At Chuckee Cheese..... Ace said he did not know wat this particular machine did and so he tried.. he was surprised to find tat they were drawing a picture of him.. wahaha:)

 Ace tried to catch a soft toy but to no avail..

 Playing monopoly in the arcade:)

In the end, we were 9 tickets short of 800 points and the jie jie gave us enough tickets to make up for it. Ace decided to choose a chuckee Cheese cup to remember the place and also some small small toys that.. by the time I am writing this down two months later are all lost somewhere:) wahahaha

After that, we went to the ice cream place to make use of our leftover vouchers and then, it was time to say goodbye to Dubai Outlet Mall for good. Sigh.. I shall miss all the good deals I found there!:)

Previous Post: Ace's Birthday Celebration

No comments: